Finding the right jointer planer combo can be quite the challenge!
With so many different types and brands on the market, it’s easy to become overwhelmed. But fear not! This review helps you understand each type, features, pros, and cons- so you can make an informed purchase.
Believe it or not, the jointer planer combo has already entered into our daily home working life. Right products, applications are gradually becoming a normal thing in our regular routine thereby making our life easier and faster.
So you are looking for a wood planer jointer combo. More likely than not you already know how it works, what it is, and what you want it for, but for the less woodworking-savvy out there, that can be a little confusing when trying to decide on the best jointer planer combo to get.
However, where we come in, hopefully with our planer combo review, we will lay things out in front of you and make things just that little bit clearer, so that your decision on which one to purchase will be just that little bit easier.
Here are some examples which show how we are already implementing the concept of planer jointer combo in our daily life either directly or indirectly. Find the top 100+ best jointer planer combo most popular items in Amazon Best Sellers.
- RIKON BENCHTOP JOINTER - This 6” becnhtop jointer has a 6 row helical-style cutter head with 12...
- HIGH SPEED - With a powerful 10 AMP motor, this benchtop jointer also features a high speed steel...
- ALL STEEL CONSTRUCTION - Made from rigid, all-metal construction, machined aluminum tables, a quick...
- SEE RESULTS - This benchtop jointer also has a spring loaded safety guard and a front on/off switch....
- Spiral cutterhead system utilizes 16 staggered HSS blades for an ultra fine finish
- Features a spacious 33-by-8-inch table with support arms that extend up to 51 inches
- Remove 0 to 1/8 of an inch of material with each pass
- Adjustable 19-3/4 by 4-1/4-inch fence bevels up to 45 degrees
- Spiral cutterhead system utilizes 12 staggered HSS blades for an ultra fine finish
- Features a spacious 30-by-6-inch table
- Remove 0 to 1/8 of an inch of material with each pass
- Adjustable 19-3/4 by 4-1/4-inch fence bevels up to 45 degrees
- Features a spacious 6-1/4 x 28-1/2 inch table and a two-blade 6-1/8 inch cutterhead
- 10-amp motor provides up to 20,000 cuts per minute anywhere from 0 to 1/8 of an inch in size
- Onboard depth scale makes for easy adjustments to the depth of cut
- Adjustable 20-3/4 x 4-1/2 inch fence bevels up to 45 degrees in either direction
- Purchase includes one stationary 13" Planer, in/out feed tables with fasteners (attached to the base...
- Three knife cutter head of the thickness planer delivers 30% longer knife life and makes knife...
- Two-speed gear box of the wood planer allows users to change feed speed to optimizing cuts per inch...
- Fan-assisted chip ejection vacuums chip off of the cutter head and exhausts them out of the machine
- 【PREMIUM QUALITY】- High-quality jointers woodworking equips the full metal workbench. With a...
- 【TWO-IN-ONE DESIGN】- Combine a benchtop jointer and a planer in one unit, a two-in-one benchtop...
- 【CONSIDERATE DESIGN】- The dust exhaust interface can connect to dust collectors for easy cleanup...
- 【RELIABILITY & SAFETY】- Equipped with power-off protection electromagnetic switch, the over...
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Skills Institute Press (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 83 Pages - 12/01/2010 (Publication Date) - Fox Chapel Publishing (Publisher)
- Motor: 1-1/2 HP, 120V, Single-Phase, 10A
- Maximum with of cut: 6 in.
- Maximum depth of cut: 1/8 in.
- Cutterhead type: spiral-style with 12 inserts
- No More Cupped Woods. Create perfectly flat surfaces and edges quickly and hassle-free with the...
- Cutting-Edge Sharpness. Our spiral cutterhead has 4-sided carbide inserts for sharper and quieter...
- Capable Steady Performance. Wahuda Jointers are powered with a 120V motor with a fixed 12,000 RPM....
- Solid Built For Your Convenience. Our adjustable and expandable cast iron tables enhance stability...
- Premium Quality: High-quality jointers woodworking equips the full metal workbench. With a maximum...
- Two-in-One Design: Combine a benchtop jointer and a planer in one unit, a two-in-one benchtop...
- Considerate Design: The dust exhaust interface can connect to dust collectors for easy cleanup of...
- Reliability & Security: Equipped with power-off protection electromagnetic switch, the over current...
List Of Top 6 Best Jointer Planer Combo in 2021
- JET 708476 JJP-12HH Jointer Planer – Budget price
- RIKON Power Tools 25-210H Jointer Planer Combo – Budget price
- Jet JJP-12 Jointer-Planer Combo – Budget price
- Grizzly GO675 Jointer Planer Combo – Budget price
- Rikon 25-010 Planer/Jointer – Budget price
- Jet JJP-10BTOS Jointer Planer Combo – Budget price
1. JET 708476 JJP-12HH Jointer Planer
- SUPERIOR FINISH AND QUIETER CUT: Helical cutterhead with 56 indexable carbide inserts.
- STRENGTH AND DURABILITY: Heavy-duty cast iron and steel construction.
- CONSISTENT POWER: Powerful 3-HP induction motor.
- ACCURACY: Large handwheel for quick and precise adjustments of planer table.
It is the best because it comes with a look at this Jet model, which comes with its own durable cabinet base made from cast iron that absorbs vibrations and any shaking caused by the three-horsepower motor inside. It works so great that you can cut down smooth outboards in a fraction of the time and it really would usually take well.
Because is has a helical cutter head inside too that’s for it run more smoothly and with less noise. The motor has a 12-inch design, and it can work with larger pieces of wood and create a smooth finish that you get less time.
The motor is a space saver, and its foremost purpose is to utilize space. It is good as a long jointer and a 20″ four-post planer. But if you could fit your time with this machine. This machine you can easy to replace and any helix style will work.
It has the drive motor, belts, etc. are easy to access as the back is one removable panel. You can easily keep clean as it blows away dust and debris, but you’ll also find two buttons on the front of the cabinet. This bright green and serves as the power button, and the other is a dark red and acts as an emergency stop.
The powerful 3HO motor, which makes short work of just about any projects, and any woods, that you’re working with. But its cons site to this overall great model is that it comes with a crummy blade. The machine used to make flatten the surface of wooden boards.
The motor comes with a parallelogram design which both keeps the table close to the cutter head, leading to excellent finishes, and it makes a great choice for smaller shops. It has an extra-large aluminum fence, that comes in handy since you can joint and plane pieces up to 12-inches across with this motor.
The best jointer planer combo price, it’s reasonable to expect a great one, but you’ll see a large increase in performance if you replace the included cutter head with a better, aftermarket one. But it is still a great machine, which will leave you happy with your purchase.
2. RIKON Power Tools 25-210H Jointer Planer Combo
- Powerful 220V 3 HP, 3400 RPM Motor Easily Cuts at full capacity
- 4 Row Helical Cutter Head Produces an ultra smooth finish
- 56, 4 Sided Indexible Carbide Inserts Change easily
- Feed rate speed of 23 feet per minute
These machines are predominantly used for working the edges of the boards. Save time, and space in your shop by combining the power of a RIKON Power Tools 25-210H Jointer Planer Combo.
It is a durable planer combo for sale, if you want to consider this model from the machine, the same helical cutter head as the jet model but costs a little less.
The RIKON Power tools have a three-horsepower motor that needs the only 220V to run, and this engine can make up to 3,400 revolutions every minute.
That’s for you to get a pretty amount of power in a tool that won’t take up too much space in your shop. The machine head inside actually has four separate heads that remove wood down to the exact depth that you need without leaving behind fragments, and it makes a suitable tool for just about anyone.
The machine comprises a cutter head with 2-1/2 diameter knives which spin at a speed of 4800 RPM and delivers 14,400 cuts every minute of its spin.
The fence extrusion is made of very strong aluminum that can be tilted to an angle of 45 degrees and you can be fast to 90 degrees with the aid of a simple adjustable knob.
So it allows you to do all the cuts you can do on the great models, and to easily find replacement cutter heads when you need to.
The machine can operate quickly than almost any other model on the market, and it comes with extension tables on each end that supports the wood before and after it moves across the cutter head.
However, this is a very powerful jointer planer combination and it’s a suitable addition to any woodworking workshop.
Because you can easily remove the outfeed table to work on the flip levers. So you’ll mostly have to do this as you change from the jointing mode to the planning mode.
Then to remove the fence, fast turn the spring operating lever. The machine is really powerful and we are confident which will be a suitable addition to any woodworking garage.
- The machine tables are made of cast iron.
- It offers a decent feed speed rate of 23 feet per minute.
- Needs minimal adjustment.
- It’s power as it permits you to perform a wide variety of projects easily.
3. Jet JJP-12 Jointer-Planer Combo
- RAPID CUTS: Three, high-speed, steel knife cutter head provides rapid cutting and a superior finish.
- ADAPTABLE: Extrmemly quick changeover between jointing and planing functions. Fence does not need to...
- STABILITY: Heavy-duty, one-piece steel closed stand (includes mounting tabs).
- EFFICIENCY: Built-in dust chute with 4" dust port is used for both jointing and planing operations.
This is a versatile and practical design, which is the ultimate solution. The design specifically designed for small to medium wood workshops who want to save on space. We can guarantee you that will leave you in awe.
Because of it regardless of whether you’re an advanced user or novice woodworker. So you don’t have to select between buying a planer now with the Jet JJP-12 Jointer-Planer Combo, you can have both. So leave it to JET to design a tool that allows the fast changeover between jointing planning functions.
The machine comes with a parallelogram design which both keeps the table close to the cutter head, leading to great finishes, but also reduces the overall size of the table, making an excellent choice for smaller shops.
It has an extra-large aluminum fence, that comes in handy since you can joint and plane pieces up to 12-inches across with this machine. The Jet JJP-12 Jointer also allows for a very quick changeover between the two modes, so you’ll spend less time setting things up and more time working.
The machine features have an extra-large aluminum extruded fence with centered controls for quick adjustments, a built-in dust chute capable of handling both planing operations, a powerful 3-horsepower induction motor that can handle the toughest lumber.
It has three knives made from stainless steel that remain sharp, even after going thousands of small cuts, and this head sits close to the top of the cabinet to cut down on accidents.
The green power button turns the machine on, and other red lifts up to bring the three-horsepower motor to a complete stop in an emergency.
Read More Top 10 Best Benchtop Planers
4. Grizzly GO675 Jointer Planer Combo
- Head sliding rails feature fully adjustable gab plates
- Quality product from the manufacturer
- Made in United States
This is an industrial machine manufacturer, which makes quality tools for use in professional workshops. These machine prices are considerably more reasonable than most, making these professional-grade tools reachable for the home or wood workshop. it will last virtually forever in a home workshop, making them an excellent deal by any measure.
Grizzly made in the United States is this one, which appeals to those who want to support the national economy. Grizzly has a powerful design that features an exhaust system that sticks out from one end to keep the area around the base cleaner and a cranking handwheel for adjusting the feed rate.
Grizzly GO675 Jointer Planer Combo has a larger handle that sticks out from the side to help you grab and twist it. But you may find that the handle occasionally gets in your way.
The machine actually slides around to give you more clearance and to help you adjust the gab plates as needed, and it has a large piece of metal fencing at the top that will keep your wood boards from falling over the side when using it as a jointer.
The machine is the best unit on the market, and that has been recognized as such by Find woodworking magazine. These blades are wide enough to work all but the widest boards, making the tool extremely easy, and flipping over the dust collector.
Grizzly GO675 Jointer Planer can provide 3/16” depth of cut in planer mode and 1/8” depth of cut in joiner mode. It automatic feed for the planer runs at 16 feet per minute, making for quick, yet still smooth cuts.
However, this is a very versatile machine, with a fence that can adjust from 45 to 90 degrees, allowing you to put a chamfer on the edge of a board or miter the edge of a board for making a corner. this V-belt power transmission ensures smooth operation and other a 4′ dust port helps with fast, efficient dust collection.
5. Rikon 25-010 Planer/Jointer
- The 25-010 has ribbed cast aluminum jointer tables, sturdy aluminum planer bed and 4-Inch dust port
- This quality space saving unit boasts a 1.5 hp induction motor to provide plenty of power for the...
- The power is transferred to the cutterhead by a flat ribbed drive belt (J-belt) to minimize...
RIKON Power Tools 25-010 Jointer made from aluminum, the table on the bottom acts as a base and has ribbed areas that keep the aluminum pieces from splitting. This is a model with some potential. The model including packing the three-horsepower motor into a relatively small frame.
For that, you get an excellent amount of power in a machine that won’t take up too much space in your workshop. The best jointer planer combo makes it a suitable tool for just about anyone.
With this machine you to do all the cuts you can do on the best models, and to easily find replacement cutter heads when you need to.It suffers from poor quality control.
It builds quality makes many users question if the factory-applied any quality control before the units left. It makes an excellent a clean, straight cut.
6. Jet JJP-10BTOS Jointer Planer Combo
- The future built on great brands
- JPW is committed to providing unmatched service at every step of every business relationship
- U. S. based technical service for all of our brands
- Stock more than 40, 000 replacement parts
When searching for a planer combo machine, we had few things in mind: one with great technology, a size which is generally good for most wood workshop, one that cut well and can handle different type of planer combo, one which is durable and not super expensive.
However, the first result that came out for us was Jet JJP-10BTOS Jointer Planer Combo. In terms of capacity, the Jet JJP-10BTOS Jointer Planer Combo is capable of planing and jointing boards as wide as 10 inches.
This model weighs less and is easier to use than some of the other models on our list and is one of the top portable machines.
The Jet comes with some of the same features like a cutter head inside that produces a smooth finish without any ragged edges. The best jointer planer combo has a hand crank on the top for adjusting the flow rate of your wood as it moves across that head.
This machine has a strong considered the budget, inverter technology motor which is highly energy-efficient and less noisy. The machine comes with a decent 10-inch cutting width. It is not the most common cutter head size on the market, but the best benefits of the machine it is possible to find replacements when you need them online.
The machine with some of the same features as a cutter head inside that produces a smooth finish without any ragged edges.
When you use this machine that can limit the type and size of boards you use with it because that base cannot support heavier, but lightweight station makes it easy to move the tool when needed.
Thought: Why use the best jointer planer combo?
You’re thinking of becoming a carpenter. Good for everyone, the world needs more people who know how to use their hands to create beautiful wood-based art.
So you can take some time to discover the pros which woodworking tools are the most necessary to have, and a jointer probably won’t be high on the list.
If you have wood cuter service and looking to reclaim old stock form felling trees, then this machine is definitely an essential tool to have. A planer combo machine used to make flatten the surface of wooden boards. You can be confident of our commitment to the top 6 best jointer planer combo performance and back up.
How to Decide on The Best Jointer Planer Combo to go For? Good that all depends on what your budget is. Normally, as with any other power machine, the more money one is willing to spend on a planer combo, the better the quality and design of the machine or create a smooth finish.
Since you need to buy a reasonable budgeted jointer planer combo machine, don’t worry, we suggest you all solution. Most of these models of planer combo are quite small in size and are even small enough to be considered somewhat portable.
There You Get Some Secret Tips
This refers to the width of the wood stock passing through the machine the combo. It really critical parameter, so it is always best to know the largest size of material width you will likely be working with on the planer combo so that you don’t end up being held back by too small a machine.
As with the machine width, knowing the maximum combo of material that you are likely to be working with is crucial so that a combo capable of accepting the wood of that size can be chosen. Sure, it can only allow the passage of workpiece up to a certain combo otherwise it will simpy not be able to fit inside the opening of the machine. This capacity depending on your floor space, you should be able to determine a modle with the most suitable size.
A tool machine weight is very important, especially if you are not able to permanently install your jointer planer combo in your workshop.
These machine power dictated the ability of a jointer planer to work on a given wood type as well as the speed. But you should need to consider is 1 horsepower. If you invest in a more expensive model, you will get fewer snags and burnout on your wood.
As with any other power tool, the big brand names are usually more sturdy, accurate and reliable. But this usually means that they come with a heftier price tag, so you need before buy, then you can make a list of all models which meet your needs.
However, this jointer planer combo is the most favorite, but before buying you need to decide all tools, why you buy, and what you need for your acquired work.