You don’t have to spend a lot of money when it comes to having a lasting and durable mandolin. Discover the best mandolin under 500 with a new design and feature right here!
Our handy guides help you understand each type, feature – so you can make an informed purchase. You can see any place music band perform live, you might have noticed someone playing what looks like a small guitar.
Actually it is a mandolin. That is a musical instrument in the lute family. So you need to know about this mandolin. Find the top 100+ best mandolin under 500 most popular items in Amazon Best Sellers. Ok, let’s go.
- 8-string traditional A style Mandolin in glossy Sunburst finish
- Maple top, back, sides and neck. Adjustable compensated Rosewood bridge
- Adjustable Truss Rod inside the neck - wrench included
- 20 silver nickel frets. Chrome plated open gear tuners and tailpiece
- Maple neck
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Adjustable compensated rosewood bridge
- 12th-fret neck joint
- GREATEST FUNCTIONALITY ON THE MARKET - 6 interchangeable blades meet all your slicing and grating...
- COMPACT AND PRACTICAL - Our vegetable mandoline slicer can be fully disassembled with ease and the...
- KEEPING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY SAFE - we know our stainless steel blades are high quality and razor...
- NO MESS AND NO SLIPS - our catch tray makes cooking so much more convenient, no mess and no messing...
- Mahogany back and sides and a select Spruce top.
- Rosewood fingerboard and bridge.
- Equipped with a single-coil magnetic pickup along with volume and tone controls.
- Chrome hardware. Tortoise-style pickguard.
- Hand-carved solid Spruce top
- Maple neck with thin "V" profile
- 1-1/8" nut width
- Satin brown burst finish
- Spruce Top
- Maple Back and Sides
- Extended 24-Fret Fingerboard
- Ebony Bridge
- Body Body type: F-Style Cutaway: No Top wood: Spruce Back & sides: Maple Bracing pattern: Info not...
- This affordable mandolin is a dream for guitarists or other string musicians who want to get into...
- Case sold separately
- The Rogue RM-100F F-Style Mandolin is nicely crafted with a spruce top, maple back and sides,...
- SPACE SAVING: The sleek design of the Prepworks by Progressive Folding Mandolin Slicer features...
- ADJUSTABLE THICKNESS: Simply pop the interchangeable plates into place to adjust the slicing...
- SAFTEY: The spring-loaded lever safely pops the adjustable plates out while the thickness plates...
- HIGH QUALITY STAINLESS-STEEL: This Mandolin Slicer has extra-sharp, electro polished Japanese...
- A-Style Mandolin with Laminated Linden Top, Back and Sides
- C-Shaped Nato Neck and 21-Fret Rosewood Fingerboard
- Chrome Open-Geared Tuners, Rosewood Bridge and Chrome Engraved Tailpiece
- Country of origin is China
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Nicolas Cage, Penélope Cruz, John Hurt (Actors)
- John Madden (Director) - Shawn Slovo (Writer) - Tim Bevan (Producer)
- English (Playback Language)
1. Kentucky KM-150 Standard A-model Mandolin
- Solid German spruce top gives you clean articulation and a crisp, bright tone
- Solid Alpine maple back and sides for extra punch
- Slim Alpine maple neck for comfortable, easy action
- Choice tonewood fingerboard ensures silky smooth playability
This is our top pic here! We’ve been reading for a while and thought to ask the top site. So we would like to bluegrass mandolin, and I’ve been looking around at instruments.
This mandolin has really been knocking it out of the park lately. That has been incredibly well-received by musicians of all calibers. If you looking affordable prices mandolin, Kentucky KM-150 Standard A-model is best for you.
You can spend you all day patting Saga on the back because this is one of the best A-model Mandolin. The mandolin offers excellent value to anyone looking for an affordable mandolin with a traditional tone.
It is a great beginner’s mandolin. While not having quite as much volume as The Loar, or in our opinion quite as strong of a voice, the company is known to have significantly better quality control than The Loar.
The Kentucky KM-150 Standard A-model Mandolin is also cheaper, which if you’re on a budget or just getting into the instrument is a pretty attractive part of this mandolin.
2. Seagull S8 Mandolin SG, Burnt Amber
- Double cutaway Solid Sitka spruce top Laminate maple body Maple neck Rosewood fingerboard Semi-gloss...
- This special A-style mandolin offers players the experience, great feel and superb sound of a...
- Case sold separately
- Seagull's S8 Mandolin SG features a maple neck through body with a solid Sitka spruce top and...
This is the perfect mandolin under 500 if you want a special a style mandolin that has a great feel and a superb sound. People like the hand-finished neck and a rosewood fingerboard.
The high-quality woods used, and high-gloss finish makes this mandolin stand out from the competition. Seagull S8 Mandolin SG, Burnt Amber not only is this instrument beautiful, but it is also functional, with every feature and material designed for maximum playability.
It allows you to easily play clear notes on the first fret. So you can choose it and the action is pretty much spot on without any buzzes.
However, it is an acoustic mandolin that offers players the opportunity to experience the great feel and superb sound provided by a hand finished neck. It is a solid Sitka spruce top and a Custom Polished Finish.
Read More The 10 Best Beginner Mandolin
3. Gold-Tone GM-50 A-Style Mandolin
- Tonewoods Neck: Maple with two-way adjustable truss rod Fingerboard: BoundRosewood Top: Solid spruce...
- Gold Tone's GM-50 is a solid top A-style mandolin is a replica of a famous vintage mandolin
- The curly maple back helps promote consistent volume
- Each GM-50 undergoes a complete professional setup in the Gold Tone Factory in Florida
The best mandolin under 500 comes with a nice option when the mandolin comes to the Gold Tone GM-50 A-Style Mandolin. It has the quality of the sound is absolutely amazing and perfect tone value. It is a replica of a famous vintage mandolin.
This model evokes the hugely popular instruments played by thousands of mandolin enthusiasts in clubs and orchestras during the early twentieth century.
It is a classic vintage mandolin, that has a brilliant, singing tone and very low string action, making it a breeze to play. So we can tall you won’t find a higher-quality mandolin in this price range.
It’s sided help the volume remain consistent, which is quite important for a lot of people. Gold Tone’s expert shop setup guarantees that each mandolin has excellent tone and playability.
Read More Top 10 Best Octave Mandolin
4. Luna Folk Series Trinity A-Style Mandolin
- Trinity Rosette/Sound hole
- Body: A style
- Top: solid spruce
- Back/sides: solid maple
This is one of the best brands for folk instruments, especially ukes and mandolins. Luna is as trite of a statement as it comes. Instead of generalizing the companies reputation let’s talk about a model that exemplifies Luna’s mission statement – Luna Folk Series Trinity A-Style Mandolin. It will be a perfect step up for a beginner and a steady continuation for an intermediate player.
It offers with this A-style mandolin is a solid spruce best along with solid maple back and sides. This selection is perfectly simple and well-tested. While a lot of affordable prices model have laminated wood that saves you a couple of bucks in the long-term you should be getting a perfect wood.
The mandolin adds to the overall tone, playability, and longevity of your instrument. So if you a beginner, looking for quality and can afford to spend a bit more, solid wood is the way to go. The mandolin creates a nice contrast in colors but also allows for nice playability. However, this is a perfect combination and homage to Celtic music.
Read More Top 10 Best Hybrid Nylon String Guitar
5. Barcelona Left-Handed Mandolin – Violinburst
- Perfect for left-handed beginners
- Basswood top, back, and sides
- Nickel Engraved Tailpiece
- Open-geared Tuners
Not all instruments require special about, especially when we are discussing the best mandolin under 500. The mandolin is very reasonably priced and very suitable for beginners to learn on. So if you are more of a professional, we would advise you to stay away from this instrument. Mandolin is unique as it is, with their doubling of strings and beautiful design.
It is made to be a beater mandolin for practice and one that you can easily replace and not feel bad about if you somehow lost or broke it.
Save yourself the time and save some money while you’re at it. It features a basswood body and an engraved nickel tailpiece, it left-hand Barcelona Mandolin in Violinburst color is perfect for beginners looking for a quality mandolin.
Read More Top 10 Best F Style Mandolin
There are many aspects you need to keep in mind, the music tuning of the mandolin, the style, and its construction. So the thing that you must focus on is the mandolin.
You must always keep your affordable budget in mind as well. We hope our recombination will help you find the best mandolin for your needs. Which is the right mandolin according to you? Let us know your views in the comments below.